Wireless Networks Lab (WNL) is a ‘Megagrant’ lab established in 2017 around the project on Cloudified Wireless Networks for 5G and beyond, led by Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz. The project aims to design a novel cloud architecture for wireless networks based on software-defined networking and network function virtualization concepts and essential management tools which allow satisfying the requirements for 5G and beyond.
Our areas of interest include
- Dynamic reconfiguration of the cloudified networks, which allow significantly reducing telecom operator CAPEX and OPEX while providing high quality of experience for the end users.
- Traffic classification in wireless networks.
- Resource allocation for heterogeneous traffic in multi-RRH environment
- Cooperation and coexistence for the technologies working in licensed and unlicensed spectrum (including LTE-U, LAA, Wi-Fi coexistence)
- Centralized algorithms for managing multihop mmWave networks, including fast link setup and beamforming algorithms, routing algorithms, and resources scheduling algorithms.
- Ultra-reliable low latency communications
- Massive Machine-Type Communications
- Visible light and Terahertz Communications
We are happy to invite you at the Moscow Telecommunication Seminar that will be held at 5 PM, on Wednesday, August 1, 2018, in IITP RAS, room 615. On the Seminar, Prof. I.F. Akyildiz will continue his series of talks on emerging communication technologies and promising research directions. Title: TeraHertz Band: Next Frontier for Wireless Communications Abstract: this talk provides [...]
We are happy to welcome you at the third Moscow Telecommunication Seminar that will be held at 5 PM, on Wednesday, July 18, 2018, in IITP RAS, room 615. On the Seminar, Dr. Vladimir Sidorenko (TUM, Germany and IITP RAS, Russia) will give a talk on error-Control for linear network coding
We are happy to welcome you at the second Moscow Telecommunication Seminar that will be held at 5 PM, on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at IITP RAS, room 615. Title: Wireless Sensor Networks in Challenged Environments such as Underwater and Underground. Speaker: I.F. Akyildiz, Megagrant Leader (IITP RAS, Russia) and Director of the Broadband Wireless Networking Laboratory (GeorgiaTech, USA)
On 4 July 2018, Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz opened the series of Moscow Telecommunication Seminars with a bright talk on the Internet of Space Things. He presented a new technology of satellite communicationsfand showed how the innovative solutions in such hot areas as Terahertz Communications and Software Defined Networks (SDN) & Network Function Virtualization (NFV) can enrich the network of CubeSats
We are happy to welcome you at the first edition of Moscow Telecommunication Seminar will be held on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at IITP RAS, room 615. Title: Internet of Space Things. Invited Speaker: I.F. Akyildiz, Megagrant Leader (IITP RAS, Russian) and Director of the Broadband Wireless Networking Laboratory (GeorgiaTech, USA).